Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How long do I use my Grow light at a time?

I've got an African Violet %26amp; an anthurium. I bought an Ott Light, advertised as natural daylight for plants. It's a 17 watt bulb, supposed to last 10,000 hours. Is there a time limit for the light to be on them, or is it supposed to be on continuously? Thanks! Good Luck %26amp; Blessings

How long do I use my Grow light at a time?
Continous until you want it to bloom. Then switch to 12 on 12 off.
Reply:Hey Debbie Y. Don't know HOWEVER, here's a true story about a grow light. Word to the wise.



About 3-4 years ago, an apt. in our bldg caught fire and was gutted because of a grow light draped dangerously near flammables. THe firemen had to break in the glass patio door just to get in. The woman's parrot died in that fire....it was very sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment